“I truly hope that each and every parent knows how important and special their children are to me. Pediatric dentistry is MUCH more than a job; it is a privilege. I truly wake up every day and am excited to come to work. Now that I am passing ten years in practice, I have had the ability to watch my patients grow. My ultimate goal is to treat every child as I would my own children.” — Dr. Solomon
Education and Continuing Education
Dr. Joshua J. Solomon, or “Dr. Josh” as he is known to his patients, is a second-generation pediatric dentist. He is a graduate of the University of the Pacific with a Bachelor of Science in biological sciences and a Doctorate of Dental Surgery. Dr. Josh is a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry and a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
Following dental school, Dr. Josh completed an additional two-year specialty residency in pediatrics at the University of Texas Dental Branch–Houston, located in the largest medical center in the world. Through training at an institution with such vast resources, Dr. Josh was able to treat a wide variety of healthy and special-needs patients.
Outside the Office
Dr. Josh has two daughters. They live locally and enjoy traveling and spending time with family and friends.
Facts about Dr. Josh
- Former American Heart Association instructor for pediatric advanced life support (PALS), and trained in advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) and advanced basic trauma life support (BTLS)
- Trained and licensed to provide parenteral conscious sedation
- Received a Master of Science (M.S.) in biomaterials, and investigation of preventive sealants
- University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
- Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare, Department of Surgery
- College of Diplomates of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Southern Alameda County Dental Society
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology