New Patient Exams
Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, and high-quality dental care. We understand that you or your child may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. We are sensitive to your needs, and it is our goal to make you feel comfortable visiting our practice while we provide the best possible care.
- Review the dental and medical history forms
- Take X-rays of your child’s teeth and mouth
- Clean and polish your little one’s teeth, and check the teeth and gums for cavities or early signs of tooth decay or gingivitis
- After the checkup and teeth cleaning are complete, Dr. Solomon or Dr. Twiss will meet with you to discuss the X-rays, help you create your child’s individual treatment plan, and answer any questions you may have.
- A completed patient information and health history form for each child
- Your insurance card
Regular checkups are an essential part of maintaining a healthy smile! The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that children visit a pediatric dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep their teeth and gums healthy.
Depending on your child’s oral health, we may ask you to return for a follow-up consult. For children who have an increased risk for cavities, we set aside more time for coaching and communication, and we want to respect your child’s limitations.
For the convenience of patients who travel a greater distance, we may arrange a phone consult for this communication and coaching.
If you have any other questions concerning our new patient visits, please call us at (925) 447-1377. We will happily answer your questions!