Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, high-quality dental care. We understand that you, or your child, may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. We are sensitive to your needs, and it is our goal to make you feel comfortable visiting our practice while providing the best care possible.
Your first visit is all about you and your child’s comfort, happiness and health. During your child’s first visit, we will:
- Review your child’s dental and medical history forms
- Take X-rays of your child’s teeth and mouth
- Clean and polish your child’s teeth, and check your child’s teeth and gums for cavities or early signs of tooth decay or gingivitis
After your child’s checkup and teeth cleaning are complete, the doctor will meet with you to discuss your X-rays, help you create your child’s own individual treatment plan, and answer any questions you may have.
Bring your child’s smile, but also remember to bring these with you to your child’s first appointment:
- A completed patient information and health history form for each child
- Your insurance card
- Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
- The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends your child visit a pediatric dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep their teeth and gums healthy.
Depending on your child's oral health, we may ask you to return for a follow-up consult. For children with increased risk for cavities, we set aside longer time for coaching and communication, and we want to respect your child's limitations. For the convenience of patients traveling a greater distance, we may arrange a phone consult for this communication and coaching.
If you have any other questions concerning our new patient visits, please call us at (209) 832-7906. We will happily answer your questions!